We offer Open Gold DofE Expeditions for individuals and small groups, to join with our expeditions in The Brecon Beacons National Park.
What the service includes
Our Open Gold Expedition service gives you access to our experienced expedition leaders and assessors, who have already supported over 5000 youngsters through their DofE qualifications. Our price also includes:
- Pre-expedition Information
- Guidance from professional and friendly outdoor instructors
- Free use of group equipment, tents, cookers, pans, gas fuel & maps
- Free use of personal equipment, including rucksacks, sleeping bags, roll mats and compasses
- All camping fees
- DofE Accredited Assessors for Qualifying Expeditions
- Free collection and transfer from Abergavenny railway station
“James is very thrilled to have completed his gold and highly praised your organisation and everything arranged for the weekend by your team, David the instructor was terrific and when I met him at drop off I realised straight away that the expedition was in expert hands”
R. Allan, Parent
Gold Training & Practice or Qualifying Expeditions for 2020
- 4th to 8th April
- 25th to 29th May
- 6th to Friday 10th July
- 13th to Friday 17th July
- 22nd to Monday 26th October
- 27th to Saturday 31st October
We deliver all our Open Gold Expeditions in The Brecon Beacons National Park, South Wales. We operate from a campsite at Crickhowell, NP8 1HD. The nearest train station is Abergavenny – we will transfer to and from there at no extra cost.
“Both Pete & Rikki were very professional as well as being kind to us all, making us feel safe at all times whilst having the freedom to complete our expedition ourselves.”
K. Dunn-Massey, Participant
Day 1: Arrive for 12:30pm, introductions, equipment & food check, route planning
Day 2: Safety brief and start expedition
Day 3: Continue expedition
Day 4: Continue expedition
Day 5: Finish expedition, debrief, presentation and usually completes at 2pm.
Gold Training & Practice OR Qualifying Expedition: £285 per person.
Booking a place is straightforward. Simply:
- Contact us with the dates of the expedition you would like us to reserve a place on
- Download and complete the Open Gold Application Pack
- Return it to us with the payment
- Download the Pre-Expedition Information for your perusal.